The Emsat exams this year 2021 offer a great solution and a special help for high school students who got low marks in the test results, emsat tests for high school students are no longer a measure of their willingness to study a specific field, or measure their cognitive achievement, but now they can.
High school students to enroll in the colleges they want, even if their scores are low in the tests, without repeating the school year again by enrolling in the Emsat tests, and get a certain number of points for each college.
Brief summary of the EmSAT test:
The Emsat exam is a set of standardized tests based on predetermined criteria to measure the level of students in different fields and topics, and at different study stages, by collecting accurate data on their knowledge and skills by holding electronic tests.
Where the UAE Ministry of Education tests the abilities of students in different age and school stages; To identify and assess the abilities of students within the UAE; Which entails identifying education problems within the United Arab Emirates, and examining the inputs and outputs of the educational process well by collecting data through an ability test.
Emsat exam as an alternative to repeating high school:
The Commission for Academic Accreditation has announced, through the Higher Education Adviser and Director of the Commission for Academic Accreditation at the Ministry of Education, Dr. Muhammad YousefBaniyas, that the results of the Emsat National Examinations will be approved within the UAE as an alternative to repeating high school. For students whose grades are low in subjects that do not meet the university's entry requirements.
Why was Emsat approved as an alternative to repeating high school?
The Commission for Academic Accreditation has approved the Emsat test as an alternative to repeating high school; Due to several considerations and downsides
In re-high school,
which represents a problem for several parties, such as:
- The high material cost required to re-secondary for parents.
- The time spent twice as much to repeat the school year.
- The high psychological and physical effort that the students suffer.
- Students are late to college with their peers.
The target group of the Amsat alternative examination for the re-high school:
Those who have a secondary school certificate (12th grade).who are male and female citizens of the United Arab Emirates, with low grades that do not meet their requirements for enrollmentat the university.
How to enroll in the Emsat alternative examination for the re-high school:
An application for admission to the bachelor’s program is submitted through the website of the UAE Ministry of Education through this link
The application is only for children and citizens of the United Arab Emirates.
EmSAT tests are conducted in the three subjects: Mathematics, Arabic and English, in addition to the subjects required by the college to be enrolled in.
An example of the required grades in some colleges in the Emsat test as an alternative to repeating high school:
College of Medicine and Health Sciences:
To have a minimum general average of 90% in the twelfth grade certificate, obtain a score of (1100) in the Emirates Standardized Test for Chemistry or Biology or its equivalent, or pass the college exam, and obtain a score of (900) in the Emirates Standardized Test for Arabic language, A score of (1250) or above in the Emirates Standardized Test in English language, or a score of 5.5 in the IELTS test or its equivalent in the TOEFL test.
- The required score in mathematics for the specializations medicine and engineering is 900 in the EmSAT standardized test.
- The required score in sports for admission to the study of business administration is 600 in the UAE EmSAT standardized test.
- The required subjects for the engineering major are mathematics, physics and English.
- The disciplines required to study medicine, pharmacy and dentistry require mathematics degrees, with two scientific subjects chosen by the student from the group of scientific subjects (physics, chemistry and biology), in addition to the English language.
emsat as an alternative to repeat secondary school for non-Emiratis inside the Emirates:
For non-UAE nationals, in addition to the previous emsat standardized tests and the English language certificate, it is required:
- Issuance of an equivalency certificate from the Ministry of Education (Abu Dhabi) for private schools that do not follow the government curriculum and for schools issued outside the UAE.
- Fulfilling the admission requirements for the faculties of the university, bearing in mind that admission to the College of Medicine and Health Sciences and the Veterinary Medicine Program at the College of Food and Agriculture is restricted to Emirati students only.
- IELTS certificate issued outside the UAE must be approved by the British Council.
Advantages of adopting the EmSAT exam as an alternative to repeating the high school:
- Save the time required to repeat the school year.
- Saving expenses spent during the academic year.
- Reducing play, and psychological stress on the student.
- An opportunity to join the required college.
What are the consequences of adopting the EmSAT test as an alternative to repeating high school?
As a result of the adoption of the EmSAT standardized test as an alternative to repeating high school by the Academic Accreditation Commission of the UAE Ministry of Education, the advanced scientific colleges of health and technical sciences can increase their enrollment rates and conditions as a result of the increased demand for them and are not subject to the required acceptance rates determined by the college for any conditions It is imposed by the Ministry of Education in the United Arab Emirates. However, the educational institution adheres to the minimum set by the Commission for Academic Accreditation; The institution is subject to punishment if it does not comply with it.While higher education institutions are not obligated to a maximum of the grades that they set.
Is it possible to repeat the emsat exam, which is an alternative to repeating the high school, more than once?
It is distinguished that the student can repeat the standard emsat tests several times until he obtains the required score to join the college he wants.